To celebrate the start of summer and the return of Wimbledon, these strawberry scones are the ultimate teatime treat.
Light, fluffy and naturally sweet, they go perfectly with an afternoon brew.
But they're not as naughty as they may look, as they contain a surprising ingredient making them low in fat and sugar.
Instagram baker@cakeontherunhas shared her quirky twist on the British classic and it's super easy to make.
For lots more healthy food inspiration, visit ourrecipe page.
Containing just five simple ingredients, they take 15 minutes to cook and they are wonderfully healthy.
To watch how to make them, click on the video above. Alternatively, read the step by step instructions below.
Bake On Bake Off newsletter
If you're obsessed with The Great British Bake Off and all things baking, you're in luck as we are too!
Our Bake On Bake Off newsletter is jam-packed with gossip and reaction from the famous TV show.
Plus, it's stuffed with super quick and easy recipes, anyone can try at home.
It's free and it takes seconds to sign up -simply press hereand enter your email address.
Changed your mind? There's an 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
Strawberry scone recipe (makes 4)
- 175g (6 oz or 1.3 cups) self raising flour (or all purpose + 1 tsp baking powder)
- 2 tbsp any plain or vanilla yoghurt (plus extra for brushing)
- 7 tbsp fizzy water or diet lemonade
- 5 chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp strawberry jam
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 fan/425 Fahrenheit/gas mark 7.
- Put all of the ingredients (except strawberries) into a bowl and stir with a spoon until the mixture becomes a dough consistency. Then fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray into four round portions.
- Flatten the tops and brush with some extra yoghurt.
- Oven bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 的y are best eaten straightaway.
Healthy alternative to cream
Instead of slapping on lots of clotted cream on top of your scones, keep them healthy by spreading on some low fat vanilla yoghurt.
If you love healthy recipes, try making thesehealthy banana bread muffins.