Reach plc - Privacy Notice
WHO WE ARE
我们是出版集团实现plc。我们通过various subsidiary companies and brands, publish many national websites, regional websites and mobile applications (“Sites”), that millions of people enjoy every month. You can see the list of websites and brands we publishhere
ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
In summary, depending on your relationship with us, we’ll use your personal information:
- As needed to provide our products and services, for example to administer subscriptions, take orders and ad placements and handle customer service queries.
- To provide the interactive features of our Sites, such as commenting, discussion forums and competitions.
- To display digital advertising on our Sites that is tailored to your preferences so the online adverts you see are more relevant to you.
- To manage our business and to comply with the law.
This Privacy Notice, which covers all of your personal information whether collected online or offline, including by telephone or where you write to us, together with our Cookie Notice and any site-specific notice, provide detail about our activities and explains your rights and how to exercise them.
For all our Sites, and brands, either Reach plc or one of its subsidiary companies is the data controller of the personal information that we gather about you. Regardless of which Reach Group company is the controller, you can always contact us with questions or concerns about your privacy by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE PROCESS AND WHERE IT COMES FROM
Information that we collect and process about you includes:
- Personal and contact details you have provided to us, such as your name, email address or postal address, for example when you register on a Site or to receive a newsletter, enter a sales promotion or competition, or at an event, or where you have agreed to receive marketing materials from us or third parties.
- Information you have provided when you obtain products or services from us or enquire about those products or services.
- Information included in any communications between us or which you provide in any post on any Site or any information collected when you participate in any poll or quiz or obtained via social media or which is publicly available.
- Information about your use of third-party products or services or from third parties who we may use to operate certain aspects of our business.
- Information obtained if we carry out a credit search at a credit search referencing agency.
- Information we buy or obtain from third parties, including marketing lists; and
- We also collect information from cookies on your devices and this includes information about your IP address, MAC address and other identifying information, information about your devices, including your location, from third party advertising networks and how you use our products and services.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To provide products and services:
- We will use your personal information to manage and administer competitions and events offered by us and our third-party partners.
- We may conduct market research to evaluate and improve our products and services generally or develop new offerings.
- If you log-in to our Sites using social media, (e.g. Facebook, Google+, Twitter or similar social media platforms), you are granting permission to the social media platform to share your user details with us. This will include your name and email address which will then be used to form a user identity.
- If you send us a picture, or video, for publication you confirm that you have the consent of all the people in the picture or video. If the picture, or video, features a child, or children, you confirm that you are the parent or guardian of the child, or children, and have the legal right to grant consent (or the parent or guardian of the child, or children, has granted such consent).
To understand our customers, how you use our products & services, and tailor your experience:
- We will use your information to provide a single customer view across our Sites and ensure we understand who our customers are and their preferences and how our products and services are generally perceived.
- We may send you direct marketing communications (via email, post or telephone) about products and services we feel may be of interest to you. You can choose not to receive direct marketing communications from us at any stage. Where you opt-in to the receipt of newsletters and other content via email we may include first and third-party advertisements, some of which may be personalised, based upon our profile of you as a customer. The personal data provided at opt-in may also be used to enhance our profile of you, and further improve the relevance of any content which you receive across our channels and customer touchpoints.
- We will conduct analytics and modelling to identify trends and assess our performance and internal processes. We may disclose the insight we gain through such analysis to other businesses e.g. to demonstrate patterns of use to third-party ad partners and others. However, we do not share identifiable information about you with third parties and the insight we share in this context is always aggregated or anonymised.
- Where permitted by applicable laws, where you interact with us we may monitor, record and retain all associated correspondence and communications, such as written letters, telephone call recordings, emails, text messages, social media messages, in person meetings and any other communications. We will do this to, (i) comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (ii), prevent or detect crime (iii), maintain appropriate evidential records (iv), protect the security of our communications systems and (v) for training and quality purposes.
- We will use your information to monitor and manage data security and the security of our Sites and networks.
- We will use your personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and monitor compliance with the same across our business. Where necessary, we will also use your personal information to defend ourselves from any legal claims brought by you in connection with the provision of our products and services.
- We will also use personal information to manage and administer our business generally.
We share information as needed with our third-party service providers and partners, to other members of the Reach Group, as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business or as set out below.
我们将披露您的信息和合作with appropriate bodies and authorities in good faith where we are required to by law, a court order, a regulatory authority, or otherwise, including with the police, trading standards, regulatory authorities or other relevant authorities. We may share information about you with credit reference agencies.
We will share information with security consultants and IT security system providers, where necessary, to monitor and manage data security and the security of our Sites and networks, and to develop security threat intelligence data.
We may also share information to facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business, including if we are approached by a potential buyer or the restructuring of one or more parts of our business and with auditing organisations such as the Audit Bureau of Circulation
We collect information about you automatically when you visit our Sites by using cookies (small text files) and other tracking technology. For more information about cookies, and other tracking technology including how to turn them off, please see ourCookie通知.
5. TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF UK AND EUROPE
6. WHAT ARE THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
*Managing products and services you hold with us, or an enquiry about one.
*Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate).
*Sharing your personal information with third parties and services providers when you apply for a product or service to help manage your product or service.
*All stages and activities relevant to managing any product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts.
B. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes.
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies.
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting.
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and us.
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses.
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business.
- To manage the security of our Sites and networks.
C遵守我们的法律义务or where we reasonably believe we are under a legal or regulatory obligation.
D. With your consent or explicit consent
法律赋予你关于我们掌握的有关你的信息的某些权利。以下是对这些权利的简要概述。新闻专员办公室的网站(http://www.ico.org.uk)拥有大量关于您个人信息权利的有用信息。如果您想行使您的权利，您可以写信给我们的电子邮件dataprotection@reachplc.comor by post to Reach plc, One Canada Square, London E14 5AP, for the attention of the legal department.
Your right to withdraw your consent
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Your right to access the information we hold about you
Your right to have inaccurate information about you rectified
You have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate.
Where we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to that processing and to have restrictions placed upon it while we consider your objection.
Your right to have your information erased in some circumstances
You have the right to require us to delete the information that we hold about you if it is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it for, and there is no other legal basis on which we must, or are allowed to, retain it.
Your right to stop receiving direct marketing from us
You have the right to require us to stop sending you direct marketing material (for example, promotional emails). It can sometimes take a few days to action these requests.
Your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our handling of your personal information with the supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. But before you do so, please do contact us first to give us a chance to put matters right, email@example.comYou can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted here and such changes will become effective as soon as they are posted. Your continued use of the relevant Site constitutes notice to you of all these changes.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.Alternatively, you can write to The Data Protection Officer, Reach plc, One Canada Square, London E14 5AP.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 30 June 2021 to reflect changes to our use of your personalinformation.